Celebrating More Than 150 All-Steinway Schools
All-Steinway Schools demonstrate a commitment to excellence by providing their students and faculties with the best equipment possible for the study of music. That is why the only pianos owned by the institutions listed on the All-Steinway School roster — from the practice room to the recital hall — are designed by Steinway & Sons.
Since 1877, Steinway & Sons and the network of Steinway piano dealers have recognized the great value of excellent pianos to students’ learning. The value of the Steinway extends beyond the student’s learning, as well, enhancing the value of each educational institution, its donors and benefactors, artists, faculty, students, alumni, and community.
A Legacy of Excellence
This video represents a sampling of academic leaders from institutions that proudly call themselves "All-Steinway." Listen to their personal accounts of what makes this designation so important to each of their music programs and their schools as a whole.
Definition of an All-Steinway School
- The All-Steinway School designation is given to an institution directly by Steinway & Sons. An Inventory Analysis must be submitted to Steinway & Sons before approval can be granted.
- 90% or more of the acoustic pianos owned by an institution must be Steinway & Sons, Boston or Essex pianos.
- A Steinway approved maintenance program must be in place. It is important to the reputation of the institution as well as to the reputation of Steinway & Sons that all pianos in an All-Steinway School be kept in performance quality condition. If this stipulation is not met, Steinway & Sons reserves the right ot remove the All Steinway designation from this institution.
- Steinway pianos are to be placed in the performance spaces and piano teaching studios and, preferably, in piano major practice rooms.
- Steinway-designed pianos are to be placed in all other teaching studios, classrooms and practice rooms. Pianos not designed by Steinway & Sons (i.e. historical instruments must be handled with discretion.
- The institution cannot participate in any loaner programs from another manufacturer.
- Existing inventory that is to be considered for qualification as an All-Steinway School must be in good condition which will be determined by a Steinway factory representative.
- All-Steinway Schools are subject to periodic inspection by a Steinway factory representative to be sure that the pianos are being maintained in accordance with Steiwnay standards.
- Steinway & Sons may request that an inventory analysis be conducted periodically.
- An approved number of technicians who service All-Steinway Schools are required to participate in the Steinway & Sons Technical Programs.
- All-Steinway Schools in the Americas must maintain an inventory of at least 10 pianos.
*Steinway & Sons reserves the right to amend this definition.
All-Steinway Schools in North Texas
In 1992, Steinway Hall - Dallas/Fort Worth/ Plano became the exclusive Steinway & Sons piano dealer in North Texas. During this time we've had the pleasure of having several institutions become an All-Steinway School. To read more about their jouney of becoming an All-Steinway School click on the links below.